Drawing on the support and expertise of the firm’s other areas of practice, our Competition Law area provides a truly multidisciplinary and integrated service to our clients. We represent national and international companies in the most diverse matters of competition law, including the preparation and notification of concentration acts, representation in procedures, inquiries and administrative proceedings for the investigation of infractions, including negotiation of leniency agreements and TCCs, judicial measures of support and review of administrative decisions, advice on various commercial practices, development of compliance programs and competition audits, among other legal solutions.
With a dedicated team and national and international experience, we act in all aspects of Competition Law, adding support from the other areas of specialization of the firm and specific technical support, when necessary. Our practice requires strict control of conflicts of interest, absolute secrecy, proactive and permanent conduct and contact with the client regarding guidance in the conduct of cases.
- Analysis of the most appropriate commercial and corporate structures from an antitrust perspective
- Advice on notifications of operations subject to prior control by the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (Cade) in Brazil or abroad
- Negotiation and review of terms of concentration control agreements (ACCs) signed in economic concentration acts processes
- Advising clients as an interested party in third-party notifications (as an intervener in concentration acts)
- Assistance to Brazilian companies involved in operations carried out abroad or that produce effects beyond the national territory (cross-border transactions)
- Coordination of notifications to competition authorities in other jurisdictions
- Discussion, risk assessment and assistance in formulating leniency proposals with Cade
- Defense in investigations for anti-Competition Law practices, such as cartels (international and national), abuse of dominant position and unilateral practices
- Discussion, risk assessment and assistance in formulating proposed terms of cessation commitments (TCCs) with Cade
- Representation in measures resulting from concentration acts and administrative proceedings before the Judiciary
- Proposing actions and defending the interests of clients in private and public actions with a claim for damages caused by anti-Competition Law practices
- Legal diligence (Due Diligence) in terms of competition compliance